ABC is as easy as 123!
ABC2 Granola Bars
(originated from this recipe)
Notes:*You can also use one 15oz can pumpkin puree, 1 3/4 cups applesauce, or 1 3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas in place of the sweet potato
- 1/2 cup Almond Butter
- 15oz can (1 1/2 cups) sweet potato purée*
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour or brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet Chocolate Chips (or dairy-free chocolate chips)
Greased/sprayed 12″ x 16″ (approximately) pan/cookie sheet
As easy as 1.2.3:
1. Wet: In a large bowl combine wet ingredients.
2. Dry: Fold in dry ingredients (oats, flour, salt, cinnamon, almonds, raisins, and chocolate chips). Mix well until all incorporated.
3. BAKE! Wet your hands (or just take a spoon) and press the mixture into a sprayed baking sheet;
Bake at 350 degrees for about 16-20 minutes (or until golden in color, firm, but still has some bounce). Let cool and cut into bars.
I cut them about 1″ x 4″, and I made about 40 bars.
Store granola bars in zip-lock bags or wrap in foil (or just eat ‘em up all at once! ). Will last about two weeks. They freeze well too.
What’s your favorite flavor of granola?