Hey my Gorgeous Readers! <3
Thanks for all of your comments on my last What Kat Ate! I really enjoy having cake and ice cream for breakfast – especially when it involves chocolate. I’m pleased with the results I got back from my AP tests — the credits I will get through them (12 credits total) will be very helpful when I head up to college. I just signed up to take 3 classes this fall before I head up to Idaho: to get a feel of what the classes will be like. I also just got a TB test earlier this week and the doctor passed me off – I don’t have it. (Phew!) But I do get to have that test every year because I lived in Turkey for a couple years when I was a child. The TB test isn’t so bad, so I guess I’ll survive.
Krista from Tiny ‘N Fit nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger award!
“Very Inspiring Blogger Award: Keeping the Blogsphere a Beautiful Place.”
Thanks you so much, Krista!!! <3 It really means a lot to me for you to nominate me for this. It MADE my day.
Here’s what I have to do:
- Display the award logo somewhere on the blog- check!
- Link back to the blog of the person who nominated you. – check!
- State 7 things about yourself- check!
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award and provide links to their blogs- check!
- Notify those bloggers that they have been nominated and of the award’s requirements-check!
7 Things About Me:
1. I love working with kids. They always make me smile and I have the best time with them. (My parents say I still act like a three year old, so I guess I fit right in. )
2. I love almond milk. It is one of my favorite drinks EVER! (btw, Helen Boram shared this hilarious video with me that Silk is featuring. The video was originally produced by a fan named John Brookbank who submitted this to Silk as part of a national contest.)
If any of you enjoy almond milk, I’m sure you’ll enjoy this video.
3. I love line dancing (the Boot Scootin’ Boogie is my favorite!) and dancing ballroom. I may not know much ballroom, but I love watching it and doing what I know. I’m planning on taking some classes (at least waltz – that’s the one I really want to know) while I’m up in Idaho so I can learn more of it!
4. I was obsessed with Barney as a young child. I couldn’t get enough of him. He taught me my colors (Barney – Purple, Baby Bop – Green, BJ – Yellow), taught me this song: “I love you, you love me. We’re a happy family with a great big hug and a kiss from me to you – won’t you say you love me too?” (Haha. Yes, I still remember that. )
5. I’ve never liked raw tomatoes. I like them on homemade pizza, as marinara sauce, in chili, soup, etc. I can stand it in V8 juice, but other than that I don’t really care for them. I will of course eat them if they are on a sandwich, but I’d rather not. I’m weird like that.
6. I love doing arts and crafts. This is a headband holder I “made” out of a paper towel roll.
I measured out enough fabric to cover the paper towel roll, sewed the sides together, fitted it around the roll, and pinned in the sides of the fabric to the shape of the roll. I then cut the center of a toilet paper roll in half and pinned them on the bottom as “legs.” And there you go – a homemade headband holder! I also love coloring, painting, sketching, and cross stitching.
7. I’ve always loved the Middle Age’s Time Period. Knights, Castles, Dragons, Damsels in Distress, Kings, Queens, Princesses, Wizards, etc. I love Robin Hood and King Arthur (I actually have a whole set of King Arthur Nutcrackers), and I used to play the PC game Age of the Empires. (I don’t have the time to play it anymore, but I do enjoy watching my dad play it now and again.)
And here are some of the blogs I’ve discovered recently. (They’re not in any particular order.)
- Eric @ Health Demystified
- Katie @ Watch Her Shrink
- Taylor @ Taylor Made
- Meagan @ One Fit Pig
- Happy is Healthy @ Beauty is in all of us
- The Nibbler @ Nutritious Nibbles
- Planet Snazzy
- Jess @ A Lot On Your Plate
- Alek @ Run Serve Cook
- Alicia @ Glowing Oasis Pilates
- Sophie @ Sophie Food Files
- Courtney @ Courtney Em
- Mike @ Made By Mike
- Shiney Times
- Kailey @ The Caffeinated Runner
Go check them out once you get the chance — you won’t regret it!
Do you like tomatoes? The Middle Ages? Dancing? Almond Milk? Working with kids? I love them. <3
Were you ever a fan of Barney as a child? I was a HUGE fan. Practically obsessed. I even had a Barney rug in my room at the age of 5.
What are some of your favorite past times? I love doing things associated with the arts: baking, playing the piano, drawing, sewing, etc.