Hey all my lovelies!
What do you get when you cross a Pumpkin Pie, a Pecan Pie, and an Oat Square?
You get —
The most decadent treat of all time!
Pumpkin Pecan Oat Squares
Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, and free of refined sugars
Makes 16 squares; based on this recipe
- 1 15oz can pumpkin purée
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 + 1/4 cup chopped pecans, separated
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup ground flax
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, or equivocal amount in Stevia
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- optional: dash of each nutmeg, allspice, and cloves
- optional: 2 (about 1 pound) apples, cored and grated
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Combine the pumpkin, maple syrup, vanilla, and grated apple in a large bowl.
Fold in the oats, 1/2 cup of pecans, cinnamon, raisins, flax, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, nutmeg, ginger, and salt.
Transfer to a sprayed 8 or 9-inch square baking pan, press down, and smooth out the top.
Top with the remaining 1/4 cup pecans.
Bake 40-50 minutes (@350*F) — or until firm and golden brown.
Let cool in pan; cut into squares and serve warm or at room temperature.
Heaven on a plate.
Do you like Pumpkin Pie? Pecan Pie? I luuuuve Pumpkin Pie! 😀
Have a lovely evening! 🙂