Hey My Gorgeous Readers!
Thanks for your comments on my post on some of my favorite protein-rich breakfasts. I’ve had fun in the kitchen these past years and I am always excited to share a recipe with you. I haven’t had much time or energy to do much experimenting recently, but in a few weeks I should have some more time on my hands for some fun. 😉
Time for another What Kat Ate (#15)!
Thanks Jenn for hosting this party! I always enjoy joining the fun! 🙂
1/3 cup oat bran with 2 tbsp ground flaxseed, 1 tsp cinnamon, and a chopped apple stirred in. Alongside this delight I had 1 full egg + 2 egg whites cooked with no-salt seasoning (the organic kind from Costco) and a little seasoned salt. (I’m not to the point where I can eat 2 full eggs making it myself, as I used to view them as danger foods, but I’m taking it one step at a time.)
I have to take my own food to my job, so this time I took an apple (or nectarine – I really like those too), ¼ cup almonds, and 1/3 cup soynuts. (I don’t always bring such a boring lunch – the one I brought today involved chickpeas and almond butter and such. But they always have to be something that can last out of a fridge until lunch, since I leave early in the morning to get over there.)
When I get home from my job, I usually am starving and grab a snack. This time I had myself a big delicious bowl of my Cacao Pecan Pumpkin Ice Cream. I absolutely ADORED the crunch the cacao nibs added to the bowl – and they are also high in fiber and include healthy fats for my skin, hair, and nails. Win-win situation. 😉
A Morningstar Chik’n Breast Patty (x2) cut into strips (they are just more fun to eat that way for some reason ;)) alongside a juicy pear and 3-4 large stalks of celery sliced and frosted with peanut buttah. ❤ (This was one of the nights that we fended for ourselves for dinner, if you get what I mean.)
I have been obsessing over YouTube music videos/songs this summer. I’ve found a few that I thought you might enjoy. 🙂
- This is an “Piano Solo for the Pirates of the Caribbean“ – I wish I can play like that some day. One day. 🙂
- I love One Direction’s song “What Makes You Beautiful” (click here for the original version by One Direction) , so when my friend told me about this version by PianoGuys– it involves 5 Piano Guys and 1 Piano, and I just HAD to check it out. I was stunned. What a beautiful rendition of it. 🙂
- “Cowboys and Angels“ by Dustin Lynch
- “God Gave Me You“ by Blake Shelton (This is how I feel for my family and my friends – and for you guys! Thank you ALL SO much for always being there for me!)
- “Don’t You Know You’re Beautiful“ by Kelly Pickler
- “Little Moments“ by Brad Paisley (I think this song is just very cute. :))
- “Give Your Heart A Break“ by Demi Levato (I’m so glad that Demi is turning her life around after having gone through struggles with body image and an eating disorder. It’s so good to see her back in the scene as strong as ever. :))
- “Footloose“ by Blake Shelton (This one just makes me want to jump up and dance!!, especially since I know a line dance to it!) 😀
- “The Trouble With Girls“ by Scotty McCreery
- “One Step At A Time“ by Jordin Sparks (I love how this song talks about how life is something we have to take one step at a time. Just like how I mentioned above about how I can’t have 2 full eggs yet — sometimes you just have to take it one step at a time.)
Go check them out when you have some free time – they are some of my FAVORITES! ❤
I’m going to go do some weights now and finish up a reading assignment for my scripture study class tomorrow night, so I’ll talk with you soon! Thanks for always being there for me! 🙂
Favorite food pictured? I’m really loving my cacao pecan pumpkin soft serve right now – it is SO good and good for you!
What are some of your favorite portable foods to take with you for jobs? I’d love some variety for things to take, but it seems like I’ve run dry of ideas. What are your thoughts??
What are some of the songs you are loving right now? Please feel free to link up some of your favorites in the comments below! 🙂