Hey my Sunripened Ruby Red Cherries! 🙂
Thanks for all of your comments on my last post. I have had so much fun participating in Jenn’s little party every week, and I can’t wait to do it again soon. And talking about parties, I loved hearing about your favorites songs and music to listen to. Thanks for sharing! 🙂
Jacqueline from Having Fun While I Run nominated me for the liebster blog award.
Thank you so much, Beautiful! I am really honored by your nomination. 🙂
Here’s what I have to do.
- Tell 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions that the person who tagged you asks and create 11 new questions for the people you tag.
- Tag 11 blogs and link them to your post.
- Contact them and let them know they have been tagged.
Here are 11 random things about myself:
1. I love frosting and decorating cupcakes. Not so much eating them (I prefer other things for treats), but I love to help decorate them – I adore anything artsy and crafty, so frosting cupcakes (and cakes!) just makes me really happy.
I went over to one of my friend’s house to frost some cupcakes with her for a party she was attending the next day. The theme? DISNEY! So we made little Mickey Mouse Cupcakes!
And Minnie Mouses. Mickey wouldn’t be complete without Minnie. 😉
2. I love flowers. (Not only giving them but receiving them too.)
You know the family I’ve been babysitting for the past 3 weeks? I have one more week with them, and yesterday they gave me a card and flowers. I felt so special, especially since I find going over a treat instead of a job. 😉
3. I got a haircut!
This is what it looks like (that I described in my protein breakfast recipes post). I got a WHOLE lot more layers (including face-framing layers) and trimmed my bangs. All in all about an inch, but that inch really makes a difference for me. (And you see all the curl in my hair? That’s all natural for me. There’s no product in my hair except for a little leave in conditioner. I love how layering brings out the curl in my hair. I can just wash, scrunch, and let air-dry and I’m all set – which is perfect for this college school year for me.) I also just updated it as my new Gravatar – let me know if you can see it in the top right hand corner! 🙂
4. Apparently I’m half angel/half devil.
Cake that is. 😉 We were playing a game of Imaginiff, and there was a tie between if I were a Angel’s Food Cake and a Devil’s Food Cake. (I actually voted for devil myself. ;)) Haha. Which of the above do you think I am?
5. I’m a sucker for cats who love to read their scriptures.
No wonder I love him so much. 😉 (The situation was I was reading my scriptures on the couch when Chip decided to slide himself between me and the scriptures on my lap. So, he in essence wanted to read them too. ;))
6. I have an extra-long twin bed, and I still feel like it’s short.
Even though I’m only 5’4″. 😉
7. I love baking TALL bread.
It’s just more fun that way. 😉 (I have all of the pictures for the re-do of my homemade bread recipe. This time I’ve taken more pictures and walk you through the ENTIRE process. I just have one question: Should I just change up the post I did back in the beginning of 2011 to do it, or should I do an entire separate post on it? The pictures are better, clearer, and I have some other tips and tricks I want to share that were not included in the first version. What do you think???)
8. I love serving at a Kitten Shelter in my local area.
This shelter goes around to humane society places and collects kittens that would just be put to sleep for lack of space. They are a non-profit organization that relies on the help of volunteers (some who stay through the night to feed the littlest kittens every two hours). I love going and helping out as often as I can. (I try to go on as many Friday evenings I can spare.)
I melt every single time I look at their cute little faces, so it’s not hard to give up a Friday evening to go help out. 😉
9. I love doing needlework and cross stitching.
I never seem to ever have time to do it, but when I do get the chance, I love every second of it. 🙂 (This is the Elephant and “Olympic” rings that I added to my Girl’s Camp Shirt. There are more rings than the normal Olympics have because we applied it to the values we have in the young women’s program in my church, with each ring and color representing one.)
Here’s what the shirt looked like after I finished.
11. I’ve decided to change my major. I just can’t see myself in a lab mixing chemicals in a white coat all day. And I also want to do something that I could do at home if necessary, as I really want to be able to stay home with my kids (when that time comes in the future). Right now I’m going to do Health Science with a Public Health emphasis and minor in Nutrition and Fitness/Culinary. (I talk about this more below in Question#7.)
Here are my answers to the questions Jacqueline asked me (her questions are bolded):
- Why did you start blogging? I started blogging to start my journey to finding balance with myself (see my story). I wanted to reach out to other people who were going through the same thing I did. I wanted to share my love of baking and making nutritious foods (baking or cooking, or no-cook ;)). I wanted to share my fascination with nutrition and health. I did it to not only inspire others, but to help myself. It’s helped me find a better balance with eating and with living, and I can’t thank all of you guys enough. I’m not perfect, but I know that’s okay. I’m doing my best, and that’s all that matters. 🙂
- What’s one bad habit you want to break? Staying up late. I’m a natural night owl with the tendency to stay up late if I don’t listen to the first signs of my body getting tired. I was doing really well during the school year, but this summer it kind of went downhill. But once the online classes I’m going to take before I head up to Idaho in January start, I’ll make sure I get to bed at a decent hour – not only will I feel better by doing so, but I’ll also get more done during the day and my body will thank me.
- What’s your special talent? I love public speaking. I used to be really scared of it, but my mom had me go out there and do it in church (lessons, talks, bearing my testimony, etc.), and I’m not scared of it anymore – at all. If I know what I’m going to talk about and have an idea of what I’m going to say, I can deliver. 🙂
- What was your favorite TV show from when you were younger? I loved Little Bear. Especially Cat – he was my favorite character. Duck was pretty funny too. 😉
- What’s your favorite inspirational/motivational quote? “Unity starts with U.”
- What’s your favorite shape of pasta? I like the spiral/swirly kind – they are just so much fun to play with!
- Why did you choose the college you went to/where do you want to go and why? I’m going to BYU-Idaho to study Health Science with a focus on Public Health. I want to be able to go out and help people live in a more healthy way in all aspects of themselves – helping them find that balance with themselves. I’ll also be doing a minor in two clusters (clusters are like ½ of a minor in which you can pair two up to be your minor), which will include Nutrition (I REALLY wanted to do this one) and the other one I’m thinking about is physical training (fitness). I could also do culinary or business or finance or something. I just haven’t quite decided yet. (What are your thoughts? Which one would you pick?)
- Dress or nice shirt and pants? It depends on the occasion, but I find I can move around a lot better in nice shirt in pants – skirts and dresses do limit in a way, but I still like them. 😉
- Favorite restaurant? Chipotle.
- What’s your favorite Olympic event, summer or winter? I love watching the swimming – all of those guys (and girls!) have the strongest arms EVER! 😉
- What’s your favorite vegetable? Oh gosh. How can I pick ONE?! I love carrots, green beans, pumpkin, spinach, kale (usually in smoothies or as kale chips), onion, zucchini, sweet potatoes, etc.
Now I get to nominate 11 blogs for this award. But this post is pretty long in itself, so I NOMINATE EVERYONE WHO’S ON MY BLOGROLL! 😀 (If you’re not on there and you follow me, just let me know and I’d be glad to add you! :D) And since I liked the questions Jacqueline asked me, so answer those questions for your nomination!
Which of the desserts on the Imaginiff game card would you pick to represent me? I’d love to see which one you’d pick!
Should I do an separate post for the update of instructions/pictures of my homemade bread recipe? I don’t really like going back and changing a post as entirely I will have to to update this recipe/explanation. Blogging is a type of journaling in an way, so I feel like I’m erasing my “past” to write it over again, with pictures I just took within the past weeks.
Tell me something random about yourself! Here’s another tidbit about myself: I’m double-jointed in both of my shoulders! (I also don’t like popping my knuckles or any of my joints, or hearing other people do it. I cringe every time I hear it.)